I've enjoyed my Miata for a while now, but it's time to move on. I've got these four motorcycles that need my love, and when I can't take one of them I now need three seats, you see...
I bought this Miata because it was the Miata to have. It has many highly desirable modifications (3.63 rear end, check!), all of which I wanted and none I didn't. Because the car is in CA, I wanted a stock engine for zero emissions testing stress (check!). I also wanted a car that was owned by an older driver who is an enthusiast (check!). Since I've had it, I've basically just driven it and maintained it.
You can find the previous owner's archived ownership thread on the now-defunct mazda-speed.net. I would link to my own, but... well, I haven't had to do much.
- the rear end makes the car. absolutely makes it.
- the turbocharger, obviously.
- zero emissions concerns for CA residents
- the car can be "done", or can be a total blank slate, depending on what you want
- all major maintenance was done w/in the last 10k mi
- "driver quality" interior and exterior. nice, but showing its age
- warped exhaust manifold. all MSMs do it. it only leaks when stone cold, so I've lived with it
- noisy swaybar endlink. it doesn't bother me, but it might bother you
- one known (professional) body repair after the car was backed into on the street
Vitals and modifications:
2005 Mazdaspeed Miata Grand Touring in Lava Orange Metallic
80,6xx miles (I still drive it from time to time)
stock engine, intake, and exhaust; passes visual w/ flying colors
3.63 rear end and speedometer drive
Tein Street Basis coilovers
Kosei K-1R wheels in 15x8 w/ D-Star IIs
MiataRoadster short shifter w/ generic metal (heavy!) shift knob
Redline Goods leather shifter and e-brake covers
Adjustable sway bar endlinks
Braided steel brake lines w/ new OEM pads
Fab9 intercooler w/ Mishimoto silicone hoses and grille cover
Koyo 37mm all-metal radiator
Garage Star front license plate mount
Innovate Motorsports LC-1 wideband O2 w/ XD-16 gauge
Prosport electric boost gauge
Stock A-piller panel in case you want to remove the gauges
Satellite radio w/ free subscription forever
Includes an AuxMod new-in-box
I'm asking $10k and am a motivated seller in Redwood City, CA.
For many more photos, check out my Flickr album